Never played polo before? Not a problem – our polo lesson is just right for you!
- During the 2 hour introductory Bucket List Lesson, we will lead you, in a group lesson with other new polo players, through a graduated program of learning the rules and tactics, the polo swing and polo riding on a polo pony that is geared to your level of riding experience – from the non-rider to the experienced rider.
- You will then after some ‘stick and ball’ practice at hitting the ball from the pony and have some fun!
- Bring your family and friends! After you all enjoy some polo, have a picnic in the grounds and watch the club matches
- Theory: Learn the rules, discuss team tactics and positional play
- Practice hitting: Club provides foot mallets and instruction prior to mounting on the real horses!
- Riding: Mounted on very quiet, safe horses geared to your riding experience, you will practice riding and then hitting the ball under instruction. Learn to move, stop and turn your polo pony.
- Chukkas: Everyone has the opportunity to play a ‘mini game’ with an instructor on each team. The team scoring most goals wins.
Cost $150 per person Call to schedule today! 303.805.0448
- July 11 – 12 USPA Congressional Cup 0 – 4 goal Team Entry
- July 25 – 26 USPA/PTF Senior Tournament
To be played for at any USPA member Club so requesting at a handicap level and under conditions established by the Club with the approval of the Circuit Governor. The following rules shall apply:
- Each player shall be a USPA member who reached his/her 50th birthday prior to the event. The aggregate age of each team must be a minimum of 220 years.
- Entry requirement of $150 per player, payable to the Polo Training Foundation.
- Players must enter as an individual and the Club Tournament Committee shall form the teams to assure even competition.
- August 8 – 9 USPA Amateur Cup 0 – 2 Team Entry
No player with an individual handicap of more than two goals is eligible to play.
- Aug 29 – 30 George Guy Memorial Tournament Individual Entry
This is a fun tournament that encourages players from anywhere, USPA rated or not, to participate in a fun weekend. Teams are made up on Friday Night Aug 28th, with the highest rated players present becoming Team Captains. Captains go off and take turns picking players, and may end up with 4 – 6 people per team, based on how many chukkars each player can play! It’s all for fun at the end of the season! Entry fee will be posted later.
Stabling available! We look forward to those traveling to come and stay! Camp out!
We look forward to seeing you!! If you have any questions, please call Rick 303.513.7922 or Lise at 303.378.7692
• Entry Fee $700/team
• Entry deadline, Tuesday night prior to event. Include Team Captain, ratings of all players, & substitutes. Each team captain is responsible for confirming all players are USPA rated and paid up. Email attached form to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 303.646.2525.
• Draws are the Wednesday nite prior to the event, @ 7pm at R & L Farms, captains attend or call (303.378.7692), or by proxy.
• Game times 11 and 12:30 pm, at our fields, Elizabeth, Colorado. May be adjusted based on time entries.
• Finals on Sundays, along with a BBQ. Bring a dish! Tailgating encouraged!
Tournament Committee: TBD
Horse Welfare: Rick Lontin
Start planning your polo season now! Opening day May 17, 2014, and you’ll want to have your horses up, and be in shape!!
Dues go up April 26 2014,….
Published on Apr 27, 2013
US Polo Open 2013
As featured on YouTube from the USPA website.
Polo season is just a few days away here in Elizabeth, just a few minutes outside of Denver, Colorado. Here at RL Polo Farms we are excited to see a new season underway and the fields are coming along very well with additional seeding and watering improvements again this year. We hope to see all of our friends, both new and old, for another exciting season at several levels of play. Please call us at
R&L Farms 38000 CR 13, Elizabeth, Colorado 80107
(303) 805-0448 — (303) 378-7692 — (303) 513-7922
We hope you enjoy our new video while you are getting your ponies together for the new season or just thinking of joining us for a lesson…