2017 Polo Club Membership and Lesson Offerings
Welcome to R & L Farms Polo Club!!
We offer club play, tournaments and a variety of lesson options, May 13 – September 10th. We are a USPA recognized club, and encourage everyone participating in polo or polo lessons to join the United States Polo Association. Support us in building the sport!
Polo Club Membership Options
All members are expected to take part in umpiring duties, keeping their trailer areas clean, and support new player participation. Join us for BBQs after play on Saturdays and Sundays, as we all take turns providing foods and drink.
Pay your season dues by April 9, 2017 to lock in low rate. Dues increase after!!
Select the option that fits your needs:
2017 Membership Dues – May 13th – September 10th
All 3 options include Wednesday evening, Saturday and Sunday play, with use of exercise track and stick n ball practices:
Platinum – $5000 by Apr 9th, $5300 after – Unlimited chukka’s
Gold – $2500 by Apr 9th, $2700 after – 2 chukkas per practice/match
Silver – $1200 basic membership plus $50 per chukka
With the Platinum membership, professional players (USPA rated 2 goals or above) are free when sponsor pays for their full membership, limit one per sponsor.
Tailored for those who have taken prior lessons, have a basic understanding of the rules, and are able to hit the ball consistently at a canter. This is the next step prior to being a club member, and individuals in this league may be invited up to play club chukkas (with Gold Club membership). Each team will have a rated player to coach them on proper positioning and team play. Players must be comfortable hitting the ball forward, back, nearside and offside. We will work on marking your man, quick transitions from offense to defense and back, while providing new situations and challenging play. Players may own or lease horses, and should have their own mallets, helmet, knee pads and jerseys.
Friday Nite Coaching League Package includes playing on the grass weekly and are invited to play in the PRO/AM Tournament held July 2nd, in front of a crowd!!
Cost $1400.00 – Play begins May 20, 2017 – Sept 10, 2017
Come join the fun!
This is where it all begins.
Learn the basics of polo, rules, how to groom a polo horse, in a safe, encouraging environment. Individuals are grouped with others of like talent, and will be taught proper swing, and body position off the back of our fully trained polo horses. By the end of summer, you will know how to play offense and defense, and become familiar with basic polo strategy. Lessons held in the arena.
Prerequisite: Some riding experience, but open to new riders. Perfect for those wanting a glimpse at the sport! Bring a helmet and boots with heel, and wear white jeans (applicable after first two lessons). We provide a mallet and a trained horse. Private groups welcome!
Tuesday Night Polo $300/month or $100/session
In August 4 of 5 Tuesday nights total
Lessons Available – Private & Group. Private groups welcome!
Get your tickets to the Denver Polo Classic June 27th and 25th!
Bucket List Polo Lesson
….Never played polo before? Not a problem – our polo lesson is just right for you!
- During the 2 hour introductory Bucket List Lesson, we will lead you, in a group lesson with other new polo players, through a graduated program of learning the rules and tactics, the polo swing and polo riding on a polo pony that is geared to your level of riding experience – from the non-rider to the experienced rider.
- You will then after some ‘stick and ball’ practice at hitting the ball from the pony and have some fun!
- Bring your family and friends! After you all enjoy some polo, have a picnic in the grounds and watch the club matches.
- Theory: Learn the rules, discuss team tactics and positional play
- Practice hitting: Club provides foot mallets and instruction prior to mounting on the real horses!
- Polo Riding: Mounted on very quiet, safe horses geared to your riding experience, you will practice riding and then hitting the ball under instruction. Learn to move, stop and turn your polo pony.
- Chukkas: Everyone has the opportunity to play a ‘mini game’ with an instructor on each team. The team scoring most goals wins.
- Cost? $200 per person, or $175 for a group of 3 or more. Call Lise today! 303.378.7692